How can Snap4City help to reach many of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN Agenda?
“The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.” (source: https://sdgs.un.org/goals).
Snap4City platform can strongly contribute to reaching the following SDG:
1) No Poverty: You can use the Snap4City platform for smart agriculture, improving efficiency, and performing precision agriculture.
2) Good health and well-being: With the Snap4City platform, you can collect data for monitoring critical cases, collecting covid data and cross relating them with other aspects, monitoring the health lifestyle of population in critical areas, etc.
3) Quality of education: Snap4City platform is training the new generation of city operators, putting them in strict connection with other relevant institutions in Europe, thus leveraging their knowledge.
4) Clean water and sanitation: Snap4City platform can monitor the quality and consumption of water. This is the first mandatory step to maintain the water system under control. The solution can watch the whole network and produce early warnings and predictions on the quality conditions and consumption.
5) Affordable and clean energy: Snap4City platform can monitor energy consumption of any kind. Thus, you can observe clean energy compared to the consumption of the one obtained from fossil combustion and environmental impact in terms of CO2, NO, NO2, etc., which are the main effect of fossil combustion. The solution can provide monitoring dashboards, early warning, and informative KPIs for the operators and city users.
6) Decent work and economic growth: Snap4City can contribute to economic growth since it will provoke a strong push toward a smart and digital public administration. In addition, it will push SMEs and Operators to follow the paths of opening the market for smart applications and data economy in the two regions. This will pose the basis of the digital extension in the whole country.
7) Industry, innovation, and infrastructure: Snap4City solution will be a new and relevant digital infrastructure for the data economy, leveraging SME and Operators will be pushed to follow the paths opening the market for smart applications and data economy in the two regions. This will pose the basis of the digital extension in the whole country. Industries would be pushed in providing data and would benefit in obtaining data back to understand better the territory, the resources, and the trends.
8) Sustainable Cities and Communities. Snap4City can help the city and communities adapt to become sustainable based on the data and service economy.
9) Responsible consumption and production. Snap4City platform may help make more efficient collection waste and improve recycling, identifying the areas in which the activity is less efficient—making evidence to industry about the garbage collection that would be better produced taking into account the efficiency. Moreover, also the platform is more efficient since the digital data would be collected in one place, thus reducing the duplications in data production and consumption.
10) Peace, justice, and strong institutions. Snap4City platform is pushing to provide the service of the institutions supporting them with data-driven decision-making processes. You can follow this approach in multiple domains: mobility, energy, lighting, waste, parking, etc. And, as in Florence, maybe in the future also in the analysis of data connected to the justice function, supporting the optimization of the processes, from the simple planning of activities to support for identification of disputes to be simply mediated among parties providing evidence-based on objective data.
11) Partnership for the goals. Snap4City platform can facilitate an effective public, public-private, and civil society partnerships contributing to improvement and assessment of capacity-building, measurements of progress on sustainable development, developing high-quality services, and thus providing timely, reliable, and aggregated data.